The Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) certification program recognizes an individual who has met a rigorous standard of experience and expertise in marketing professional services and who agrees to adhere to the ethics and responsibilities of the profession as outlined in the CPSM Code of Ethics.
The attainment of certification enhances the professional standing of marketers and business developers with their employers, peers, and the public. Achievement of certification validates an individual’s career proficiency and personal dedication to marketing professional services.
Professionals must meet at least one of the following three requirements:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree plus four years of experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services, or
- Possess an associate’s degree plus six years work experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services, or
- Without a degree, have eight years of experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services.
- Complete the application
- Sit for the examination
- Maintain the designation through continuing education and active participation in the profession
Why earn your CPSM?
- Demonstrate your commitment to professional growth and development
- Take advantage of SMPS’s educational resources.
- Build relationships with your fellow marketers.
- Gain self-confidence in your abilities.
- Validate your knowledge.
- Benchmark your success.
- Enjoy widespread recognition of professional excellence.
- Study current trends in strategic marketing, planning, market research, plan implementation, business development and promotion.
- Enhance your credibility with your employers, clients and peers.
- Earn a respected professional designation in an industry that rewards certification.
For more information on upcoming classes, contact Theresa Greene, CPSM.